- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- ½ cup shredded daikon radish
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 Marionberry Jalapeño Sausages
- Fresh mint
- Fresh cilantro
- Jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Hot dog buns
- Make the pickled vegetables: In a bowl, toss together the carrots, cucumbers, daikon, vinegar, sugar and salt and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill the sausages. Preheat the grill to 350°F and place the sausages on the grill on direct heat for 2 minutes, turn and cook for another 2 minutes on direct heat. Then, move the sausages to indirect heat and continue to cook (turning occasionally) until the internal temperature of the sausages reaches 165°F.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise over the buns, and place mayo-side-down on the grill to lightly toast.
- Place the grilled sausage into the toasted bun. Press the jalapeño, mint and cilantro sprigs around the sausage and spoon some pickled vegetables onto the sandwiches. Serve with extra garnishes.