Keep a container of high-quality miso in your fridge, and you’ll always have a one-ingredient flavor booster to amp up nearly any meal, including this Miso-Glazed Salmon. Shiso miso from Kuze Fuku & Sons is packed with umami and is downright delicious on buttery king salmon in this 15-minute weeknight dinner that’s perfect for back-to-school season. Serve the tender salmon with your favorite grain, crunchy cucumber, and scallions for a stunning supper with just a handful of ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons Kuze Fuku & Sons Shiso Miso
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 4-pound fillet Columbia River King Salmon, cut into long 3-inch wide strips (total of 6)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Pinot Gris (We love Willamette Valley Vineyards 2022)
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together the shiso miso, olive oil, and salt.
- Place the salmon on a large parchment paper-lined cutting board. Generously brush each piece with the shiso mixture.
- Melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the salmon fillets, working in batches if necessary, leaving 1 to 2 inches of space in the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes (depending on the thickness), then add the wine. Continue cooking, covering the pan as needed, until the salmon reaches 125°F internal temperature on an instant-read thermometer, another 2 to 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Top the salmon with green onions and cucumber and serve with rice, if you like. Enjoy!