Are you looking for a unique, simple, and delicious pasta recipe to bring some pep to your mid-week dinner plan? This pasta has you covered with just five pantry-friendly ingredients. If you’re new to mussels, this is a great entry point because the recipe starts with tinned seafood, so no there’s no need to clean the mussels or pry open the shells to access the sweet meat inside. Additionally the texture of these tinned mussels are incredible – they’re creamy and sweet and very unlike your standard mussel for the seafood conscious eater and home chef.
- 2, 16-ounce packages Zupan’s fresh spaghetti (or pasta of your choice)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for finishing
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (about 1½ cups)
- ⅓ cup white wine
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2, 4.2-ounce tins Patagonia Provisions Lemon-Herb Mussels
OPTIONAL: Chopped mixed herbs for serving (such as parsley, basil, or chives), Meyer lemon (for finishing)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the tomatoes, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the wine and salt.
- Carefully drain the oil from the mussel tins into the pot with the tomatoes, being careful not to squish or release the mussels. Stir and remove from the heat.
- 30 seconds before the pasta is finished cooking, add the mussels to the boiling water. Stir, then drain the pasta and mussels, reserving 1 to 2 cups of pasta water.
- Add the pasta and mussels to the cherry tomato mixture. Add 1 cup of pasta water to the pot. Gently stir with a rubber spatula to coat the pasta in the sauce. Add more pasta water to make a silky sauce, if necessary.
- Finish with additional olive oil, a spritz of lemon juice, a sprinkle of sea salt, and herbs if you like.
- Serve with the remaining wine and enjoy!