- 4 oranges
- 1 12-ounce package cranberries
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
I like the fresh “zing” combination of cranberries with oranges on various holiday dishes, and I love using any of my relish leftovers on top of yogurt in the morning.
- Cut off all peel and white pith from the oranges. Using a small sharp knife, cut between membranes of 2 oranges to release segments into small bowl. Set this aside. Chop the remaining 2 oranges into pieces.
- Combine the 2 chopped orange pieces, cranberries, sugar, water, and zest in a saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, over medium heat until the cranberries pop and the relish is thickened, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add chopped pecans and reserved 2 orange segments. Let cool and serve.