Make ahead: This soup tastes even better if flavors are allowed to meld in the refrigerator overnight.
- 2 pounds Oregon Star Tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 2 red bell peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 small white onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar (we used Compagnia Del Montale White Condiment)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp hot sauce (we used Hot Winter brand)
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- Zupan’s Markets organic olive oil for drizzling
- White wine vinegar for drizzling
Pulse tomatoes in a food processor until finely chopped, about 10 pulses. Transfer tomatoes to a large bowl. Pulse red peppers, cucumbers, and onion until finely chopped about 15 pulses. Add to the bowl of tomatoes. Stir in the vegetable broth, white vinegar, garlic, hot sauce, and 1 teaspoon of salt and ¾ tsp pepper. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or for up to 2 days. Soup cannot be frozen.
Before serving, taste the soup and adjust with salt and pepper if needed. Ladle into chilled bowls and garnish with parsley, olive oil, and/or white wine vinegar (if desired). Serve with crusty bread.