Featuring our fresh & wild dry-packed scallops.
- 6-10 scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- ½ teaspoon each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon high-quality butter
- ½ lemon (zested and squeezed)
- Fresh parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- Preheat your cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat with olive oil. Your oil should begin to shimmer and start to smoke at this heat when it is ready for the scallops.
- Rinse and pat the sea scallops dry. You want them to be as dry as possible for the best sear.
- Season the dry scallops with salt and pepper right before placing them into your preheated skillet. Place the scallops with the seasoned side down, leaving spacing between the scallops. Then season the upward-facing side of the scallops.
- Sear the scallops for 2 minutes without moving.
- Flip the scallops with a spoon and sear the second side for 1 minute.
- Add the butter and a squeeze of lemon, then spoon the melted butter over the searing scallops in the last minute of cooking time.
- Once the second side is seared, remove the scallops from the skillet and transfer them to plates to serve. Garnish with zested lemon and parsley if desired.