½ cup dry white wine
1 pound fresh seasonal mushrooms, sliced or rough chopped
1 ounce dried mushrooms (morels, porcini or shiitake)
1 pound pappardelle pasta
3 tablespoons plus ¼ cup butter, unsalted, cubed, divided
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large shallot, finely minced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons chives, minced
kosher salt as desired
freshly ground black pepper as desired
¼ cup pasta water (still hot)
½ cup parmigiano-reggiano, freshly grated
pasta, wild mushrooms and PARMIGIANO-reggiano, what more could you ask for in a recipe! This vegetarian friendly pasta dish will satisfy the biggest of meat eaters with decadent mushrooms, savory herbs and fresh garlic. Swap out the butter for plant based butter and leave off the cheese for a banging vegan pasta recipe.
- In a medium saucepan combine the wine, fresh and dried mushrooms. Bring to a boil for 3 minutes then remove from heat and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Strain off the wine, reserving both the wine and cooked mushrooms.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil.
- In a large fry pan over medium-high heat add the butter, olive oil, shallot, and garlic, cook for 3-4 minutes until soft and translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until browned.
- Add the wine to the pan, scraping up any brown bits from the pan, and then add the parsley and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, begin cooking your pasta.
- Add cooked pasta to the mushroom mixture along with ¼ cup of the pasta water and reduce the heat to low. Add ¼ cup of butter 1 piece at a time swirling the pan to glaze the noodles and essentially make a pan sauce.
- Separate into 4-6 deep bowls and garnish with parmigiano-reggiano and additional herbs if desired.