This pizza recipe might sound summery, with its gooey, sweet peach slices, but you can easily mix up the fruity toppings to use whatever produce is in season. In the fall, try pears, apples, or figs, for example. You could also spread your crusts with Zupan’s pesto as a base to amp up the basil flavor and add a layer of rich cheesiness if you like.
- 2 packages Zupan’s pizza dough
- Olive oil
- 2, 3-ounce packages thinly sliced prosciutto
- 4-6 peaches, sliced (or other seasonal fruit)
- 2, 8-ounce containers fresh mozzarella cheese, torn or grated
- Fresh basil
- Arugula (optional)
- Balsamic glaze (optional)
- Remove pizza dough from fridge and allow to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F with a pizza stone in the center, if you have one.
Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Stretch and flatten into a 12-inch circle, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Transfer dough to pan. If using a pizza stone, place the dough directly on baker’s peels dusted with cornmeal.
- Drizzle both pizza crusts with olive oil. Top with prosciutto, fruit, and mozzarella. Add a few more slices of prosciutto on top if you like.
- Bake on the pizza stone or pan for 14 to 16 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and top with basil. Add arugula and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic glaze, if you like. Slice and enjoy!