- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 wheel Brie Cheese (8-10 ounces)
- 3 tbsp Sambal chili sauce plus additional to serve on the side (optional)
- 1 tbsp honey plus additional to serve on the side (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sliced baguette or crackers for serving
Who can resist melty cheese wrapped in flaky pastry? This classic appetizer gets a modern update with sambal chili sauce and honey which gets baked inside for a surprise pop of flavor. Serve with sliced bread or crackers with additional sambal and honey served on the side for drizzling.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Unfold puff pastry and place cheese in the center. Top with 3 tablespoons of sambal and 1 tablespoon honey and fold each corner up and over to cover the cheese completely. Using your hands, press puff pastry corners against the cheese to form a round shape. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined sheet pan and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until ready to bake. Just before baking, brush the surface with egg wash.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for 15 minutes. Serve with bread or crackers with additional sambal and honey to drizzle over on the side.