When spring hands you the perfect ingredients it sure does make cooking easy! Simply roasted asparagus, mushrooms, and the finest balsamic vinegar are all that’s needed to create the perfect summer lunch or dinner side. This recipe pairs perfectly with roasted chicken, fish, or steaks fresh off the grill.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 1 pound mushrooms, such as oyster, maitake, or chanterelles, cleaned and trimmed
- ¼ cup Zupan’s olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Zupan’s Balsamico Aceto as needed
- 1 cup Upland watercress, destemmed
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the asparagus, mushrooms, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Toss well.
3. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 16-20 minutes, or until the asparagus and mushrooms are tender and well browned.
4. Arrange the roasted vegetables in a large serving dish.
5. Drizzle with balsamic, garnish with watercress leaves and sprinkle with flaky salt if you like. Serve immediately.