This recipe offers an ideal combination of textures and flavors. It’s a great upgrade to a classic potato salad. The almost-fried crispy shallots offer a wonderful crunch, alongside savory roasted vegetables and creamy boiled potatoes.
- 3 pounds tri-colored baby potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 2-4 tablespoons, plus ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 12-oz. packages Tattooed Chef Frozen Organic Greens
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- 4 medium shallots, quartered
- 1¼ teaspoons sea salt, plus more for cooking potatoes
- A few dill fresh sprigs
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley, plus a few whole sprigs for garnishVINAIGRETTE
- ¼ cup expeller pressed grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Stonewall Kitchen Caramelized Onion Mustard
- 3 teaspoons Moutarde Royale Mustard with Cognac
- ¾ teaspoon Jacobsen Black Garlic Salt
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover by two inches with cold, salted water. Bring to a simmer, uncovered, then reduce heat to low to maintain a simmer and cook until fork-tender, 15–20 minutes. Drain potatoes and return to the pot to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high. Once boiling, carefully lower the eggs into the pot using a slotted spoon. Boil for 6.5 minutes.
- While eggs cook, fill a medium bowl with ice water for an ice bath. As soon as the timer ends, use a slotted spoon to carefully transfer eggs to the ice bath. Chill in ice water for 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle. Drain and peel eggs.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add the frozen vegetables. Toss, then cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove lid, toss again, and add another 1-2 tablespoons olive oil. Continue to cook for another few minutes, or until the veggies are a bit toasted. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan, melt the butter. When hot, place the shallots in the pan cut side down. Cook until lightly browned, tossing every 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat while they’re still golden, about 5-10 minutes total. Allow shallots to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the vinaigrette ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the remaining ¼ cup olive oil and 1¼ teaspoons salt. Drizzle the oil over the cooled potatoes, tossing to coat.
- To assemble, place the potatoes, vegetables, shallots, vinaigrette, dill, and chopped parsley in a large bowl. Toss gently to coat. At the last minute, slice the eggs in half and arrange on top of the salad. Garnish with remaining parsley sprigs.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!