It’s such a unique mix: savory herbs in a sweet cookie. But these cookies have such a lovely, delicate flavor and texture bound to make those tasting take a second bite. And then a third, and a fourth…
- ½ C butter
- 1 C sugar
- 4 T lemon juice
- 2 t. fresh rosemary
- 1 egg
- 1½ C flour
- Preheat the oven to 350˚.
- Cream the butter and ½ C sugar until very pale. Add lemon juice, then the yolk of the egg, reserving the white. Beat swiftly. Stir in the fresh rosemary.
- Add the flour, bringing together with your fingers, gently. Chill the dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough thinly, then stamp or cut out shapes before arranging them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Whisk the egg white, then glaze each cookie. Sprinkle each cookie thickly with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350˚. Allow cookies to cool before serving.