Made with high-quality Hakutsuru Ukiyo-E Jumnai Sake.
- 4 tbsp high-quality butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Hakutsuru Ukiyo-E Junmai Sake
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 3 dozen manila clams, scrubbed and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, for serving
In a large skillet with a lid, melt the butter over medium heat.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Deglaze the pan with the sake. Then, add the soy sauce or tamari, lime juice and clams.
Place a lid over the skillet and steam the clams. Steam for 7-8 minutes until all clams have opened. Shake the pan every now and then to keep the clams from sticking or burning.
Remove the lid and check to ensure all clams have opened. If not, discard any closed clams from the bunch.
Serve hot with a garnish of parsley and some additional lime wedges.