Serving Size: 4
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 8 lamb rib chops, about 4 ounces each, 1-inch thick
- 4 T fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped, divided
- 1 T finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 4 T unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Salt and pepper
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, about 2 pounds total, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon rosemary, garlic and pepper. Rub evenly over lamb chops; refrigerate.
- For Rosemary Butter: In a bowl, mix together butter, remaining rosemary and salt and pepper as desired. Reserve.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil; add sweet potatoes. Cook until potatoes are very tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Drain and mash potatoes by hand or with an electric mixer until smooth, adding 2 tablespoons Rosemary Butter. Keep warm.
- Grill or broil chops to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F (medium rare), approximately 7 to 11 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Serve chops with sweet potatoes and top with remaining Rosemary Butter.