Delicate flavor of sole is enhanced with an aromatic sauce made of tomato and basil.
- 1½ T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1½ C chopped tomatoes
- 3 T chopped fresh basil, divided
- ¼ C heavy cream
- 1 t. olive oil
- 4 (6 oz.) sole fillets
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 T all-purpose flour
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté garlic until softened. Add tomatoes and cook for about 1 minute, and then add 2 T of basil and cook for another minute. Stir in cream and heat for about 2 more minutes. Keep warm.
2. Heat 1 t. oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt & pepper on each fillet and dredge in flour. Place on skillet and cook for about 1½ minutes on each side until fish flakes easily.
3. Place fish on a platter and pour sauce over the top. Sprinkle with remaining basil leaves.