A twist on the typical curry recipe with the addition of lamb!
- 3 lb bone-in or 2 lb boneless, American lamb stew meat, lamb shanks, and/or lamb shoulder steaks
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T curry powder
- 1 T ground coriander
- 1 T cumin
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1 C crushed tomatoes
- 1 C bone broth or chicken stock
- 1/2 C Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of lemon
Tomatoes & cucumbers
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high. Once hot, add the lamb and brown on all sides, working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan. Place in slow cooker.
- Add onions, garlic and curry powder to the skillet and cook until onions have softened, 3-4 minutes. Place in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients (except yogurt slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Stir in yogurt and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with basmati rice, yogurt, and cilantro, if desired.