Serving Size: 2
The sweet-tangy flavor of poppy seed dressing is a great compliment to any savory salad with a touch of fruit. Adding some roasted chicken breast (warm or cold) turns this salad into a meal. A combination of colorful strawberries and blueberries pairs nicely with the poppy seed dressing and a crumble of feta adds a touch of salty richness.
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 small shallot, finely minced
- 1/4 cup champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup grapeseed or light olive oil
- 1 roasted chicken breast, torn into bite-size pieces
- Baby spinach
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh blueberries, halved
- Fresh strawberries, quartered
In a small mixing bowl, combine minced shallot, vinegar, Dijon mustard, poppy seeds, and salt. Whisk together until combined. Slowly add oil in a steady stream, while whisking, to emulsify.
Arrange chicken over a bed of spinach. Sprinkle with feta and garnish with blueberries and strawberries. Drizzle poppy seed dressing over and serve.