- 1 lb / 500g package PrimoGrano Sagne a Pezzi pasta (or any short-cut pasta shape preferred)
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 3-5 tbsp Zupan’s olive oil
- 2 pints fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 ears of sweet corn, removed from the cob
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 large pinch dried Herbes de Provence
- 2-3 pieces (6-9oz) burrata cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Large handful of freshly torn basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Flaky salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: red pepper flakes or red pepper infused olive oil
Relish in the sunny weather with this fabulous summer veggie pasta with burrata & herbs. Al dente pasta is coated in a flavorful sauce of cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, lemon, and basil before tearing creamy, luscious burrata to finish this incredible meal.
- Bring a large stockpot filled with water to a boil. Season with 2 tbsp salt. Add the pasta and cook until al dente as per the package directions. Before straining, reserve 1-2 cups of the salty pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add 1-2 tbsp olive oil and turn the heat to medium. Add the cherry tomatoes, stir to coat in oil and then let cook for about 3 minutes. Then add the corn along with the salt, pepper, lemon zest, and Herbes de Provence. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes until the tomatoes begin to burst. Add more oil if you’d like to coat.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add another tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, the cooked pasta, and 1 cup of salty pasta water. Allow the sauce to reduce for 1-2 minutes, adding more pasta water if necessary. The sauce should reduce to a beautiful consistency that clings to the cooked pasta.
- Off the heat, tear the burrata over the top. Add the lemon juice, basil, and chives. Garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and additional basil, if desired. Finish with sea salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!