This delicious Italian tuna pasta is a dish is an easy weeknight meal needs. Featuring our Ritrovo Selections Tuna Chunks with Spicy Calabrian Red Pepper product. The tuna is absolutely like butter and as you’ll see in this recipe, we dive all the way in and utilize the oil and marinade in the jar as well. If you’d like extra protein for the meal, you can easily double the quantity.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup shallots, chopped (about 1-2)
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, lightly chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 4-5 small-medium (approx 1 ½ cups) heirloom tomatoes, cut in 1” wedges
- ¾ teaspoon salt + 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ½ tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- 1 jar, Ritrovo Selections Tuna Chunks with Spicy Calabrian Red Pepper, (note*oil used)
- 17.6 oz (500g) Mancini Chitarra Pasta
- Flaky sea salt, for finishing
- 1 Meyer lemon, cut in wedges spritzed for finishing
- Pecorino Romano cheese, grated (optional for finishing)
- Lorenzo Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for finishing or olive oil of choice
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the shallots and cook until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Then, add the garlic, toss and cook another minute.
- Deglaze pan by adding the red wine, and scraping up any bits in the bottom.
- Add tomatoes, ¾ teaspoon salt, pepper, oregano. Stir and cover for 8-10 minutes on medium-low heat, for a light simmer.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt. Add the pasta and cook for 3-4 minutes (or per package instructions if you use a different variety) for al dente texture. Before draining, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water (so you have extra if needed). Then, drain pasta and set aside covered.
- Add ½ cup of reserved pasta water to your sauce mixture, along with the entire tuna jar with oil and stir.
- Next, pour your cooked pasta into the tuna and tomato sauce. Using a spatula, gently fold.
- Plate by twisting a generous portion of pasta into pasta bowls. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil, spritz of lemon and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and pepper. Top with cheese if desired. Enjoy!