Dive into this incredibly simple and scrumptious Vegan Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner, made with broccoli, chickpeas, red onion and sweet potato. Served with a homemade tahini dressing that is out of this world!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped small
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and dried
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets (about 2 cups of florets)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp za’atar seasoning
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, for topping
For the tahini dressing:
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves, about 2/3 cup
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. If you have a roast setting or convection on your oven use this if you can.
- Peel and chop your sweet potato and place it on a large rimmed baking sheet. Add the chickpeas, red onion, broccoli and sweet potatoes to the tray.
- Sprinkle everything with olive oil, salt, za’atar, and pepper. Using your hands, toss the ingredients with the oil and seasonings.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes until the veggies are cooked through and the chickpeas are crunchy.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. To a blender, add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini, maple syrup, salt, and parsley. Blend on high until homogenous.
- Remove the sheet pan dinner from the oven. Serve with the dressing drizzled over the top along with the sesame seeds and a few more parsley leaves. Enjoy!