Winter season is Dungeness crab season! Most of the bays in Oregon open up and you can find the freshest, plumpest, and sweetest crabs during this most excellent time of year. At Zupan’s you can find whole cooked crabs or fresh lump crab meat ready to go.
- Make sure the radish is sliced very thin; it should be translucent. This will add a refreshing crunch to the salad without being overwhelming in radish flavor.
- Shell the edamame. If purchased frozen, blanch in very hot water for five seconds, then shell and chill.
- Combine crab, olive oil, edamame, radish, and seasoning. Add salt sparingly; crab is naturally sweet but can take on saltiness very quickly.
- To achieve the tower form, press the salad into the bottom of a small drinking glass. Drain the water that is pressed out. Chill for 15 minutes. Turn the glass over a bed of arugula and lightly shake until the crab slides out. Top with radish for garnish and serve chilled.
- ¼ lb. fresh lump crab meat
- ½ C edamame, shelled
- ¼ C radish, thinly sliced
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg Arugula
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste