Serving Size: Serves 8
Both comforting and elegant, this packs all the goodness of land and sea into one decadent bite. Your guests will love the interplay of tastes and textures—earthy, creamy, smooth, and delicately fruity from good olive oil. If you can’t easily source lobster roe, use caviar. Go ahead and prepare the potatoes ahead of time, then at party time, set out a pretty dish of the cream topped with roe on ice.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1″ slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 cup crème fraîche (can substitute sour cream)
- 1 ounce lobster roe
- Preheat oven to 400˚. Toss potato slices with olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Roast on a cookie sheet until browned and crisp, approximately 40 minutes. Allow potatoes to cool before topping them with dollops of crème fraîche and lobster roe.