These flavor-packed tacos are as easy to make as they are delicious. Two key ingredients help keep things quick and simple: Zupan’s peeled and deveined Wild Mexican Shrimp and a jar of Hot Mama SalSA Guajillo Chili Oil (you’ll be so glad to have a jar of this stuff on hand for future meals). Plus, you’ll have leftovers of the crunchy lemony cabbage slaw to use on any kind of sandwich.
1 head red cabbage, shredded
1 5-oz. package baby arugula
½ red onion, very thinly sliced
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
1 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen caramelized onion mustard
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard (we love Moutarde de Meaux)
1 lemon, juiced and zested
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1.5-2 pounds Zupan’s Wild Mexican Shrimp, peeled deveined tail-on 21/25
2 tablespoons Hot Mama Sala Guajillo Chili Oil
4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
¾ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup ghee
16 crispy corn taco shells
1 block Zupan’s Cotija cheese, crumbled.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, arugula, onion, and scallions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, both mustards, lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove shrimp tails and place in a medium bowl. Toss the shrimp with the chili oil, garlic, and salt until well coated.
- Melt the ghee in a grill pan or large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the shrimp in a single layer. Sear for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until pink and just cooked through. Immediately transfer shrimp to a platter and partially cover with foil to keep warm and juicy.
- Assemble your tacos with desired toppings and enjoy.