Overnight production shifts are scheduled from 8-9pm until 4:30-5:30am
Responsible for evening/overnight food production in the Service Deli. Accountable for daily and weekly production tasks as outlined by the Food Service Manager and Director of Food Service. Maintains a high level of organization and adaptability to accomplish a wide variety of tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Achieve production tasks and deadlines on a daily and weekly basis
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of a Food Service associate.
- Give feedback regarding labor schedule to meet productivity and customer service needs of the department.
- Maintain a clean, well organized work environment.
- Keep all products properly stored and rotated according to Food Safety codes
- Follow and comply with established weights and measure procedures
- Operate, maintain and clean all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Trains food service department associates in proper product handling, storage and rotation, keeping accurate logs, cooking, packaging, stocking, equipment operation, and building displays.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment. Following compliance with applicable health and safety codes. Monitor and maintain sanitation and cleaning checklist. Report all injuries and accidents to the Store Director.
- Maintains shrink logs and transfer logs, as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and independently manage own time. Adjusts priorities, productivity, and speed based on the needs and conditions of the department.
- Understands and follows thru on written and verbal communication.
- Works cooperatively, collaboratively and positivity with co-workers and supervisors.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Observes all company rules and policies.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBLITIES
- Prep and produce culinary products for that’ day’s or the following day’s work with the aim of ensuring the most efficient operations. Including but not limited to: raw proteins, entrée items, component items, hot bar items: breakfast, lunch and dinner, pro-deli wall items, salads, event items.
- Works with Food Service Manager to identify and reduce waste throughout the department
- Prepare, package, weigh and price deli items for sale.
- Cleans and organizes department throughout shift.
- Performs closing procedures in the department
- Stocks and merchandises displays as needed with the aim of ensuring efficient operations for the next day’s production.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at different paces, meet deadlines, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude
- Ability to collaborate and lead as well as be self-directed
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Must have current Oregon Food Handlers card
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Will have at least 2 to 3 years’ experience working in a comparable retail food service (deli) department or kitchen. Culinary education a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from other managers, store directors, vendors & customers.
Strong basic math skills including the ability to add, multiply, divide, subtract and calculate percentages
Knowledge of Microsoft Office application including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and discounts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend, lift, push and pull carts with heavy loads
- Proper use of a box cutter, knives, and other department devices
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, and climbing
- Frequent use of stairs
- Repetitive stretching and lifting required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions
- May walk and work on uneven and slick surfaces
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies
- Exposure to continuous background noise