- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place the chicken in a lightly oiled, low-sided oven-safe dish and place on the middle rack of the oven.
- Cook until golden brown and the thickest part of the chicken registers an internal temperature of 165° (about 15 minutes).
- If desired, remove from oven 5 minutes before the end of cooking time and top with marinara sauce and a sprinkle of cheese. Place back in oven and cook until done.
- Heat a pan on the stove over high heat.
- Add two tablespoons of neutral cooking oil to the pan, swirl to coat, and reduce heat to medium high.
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook until the breading has turned a rich golden brown.
- Turn the chicken over, drizzle in an additional tablespoon of oil, and reduce the heat to medium.
- Continue to cook until the second side has browned and the chicken registers an internal temperature of 165°.
Always use a thermometer to check for doneness.
165° / Chicken