Savor summer a bit longer with this fresh twist on Pork Chops. Sweet apricot jam balances out cornbread and fresh herbs, for full flavor both inside and out.
- 4-6 Carlton Farms pork loin chops
- 1.5 cups prepared cornbread crumbled
- 3/4 cups dried apricots, small dice (divided in half)
- 1/4 cup white onion small dice
- 1 tbsp fresh sage and thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp celery, small dice
- 3 tbsp chicken stock (or more if texture is too dry)
- 2 tbsp toasted and chopped pecans,
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp butter (divided)
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Fresh thyme sprigs – some for garnish, and jam glaze
- Sliced scallions on a bias for garnish
- 1 tbsp toasted sliced almonds for garnish
Season pork loin chops with salt and pepper. Toast pecans and sliced almonds in a dry pan or oven. Let cool.
In a heavy bottomed sauté pan, add 2 T butter and 1 T olive oil to pan and heat to medium. Add onion and celery, saute until just translucent.
In a medium bowl, combine cornbread, half the apricots diced, thyme, sage, pecans, chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. The stuffing should be crumbly but stick together somewhat. Slice a pocket in each pork chop, and stuff until filled, but not falling out. Secure with a toothpick.
Heat sauté pan to medium high and sear on each side. Place chops on a parchment lined baking sheet.
In a small saucepan, heat remaining butter, apricot jam, thyme sprigs and Dijon. Glaze chops with this and bake approximately 40 min or until internal temperature is 160.
Garnish and serve with more jam mixture if needed.