- 1 package pork tenderloin-butterflied lengthwise
- 2 large fresh portobello mushrooms-gills and stems removed
- Teriyaki Marinade of your choice (we suggest The Ginger People or Primal Kitchen!)
- 2 red bell peppers-roasted-stems and seeds removed-peeled
- 3 hatch peppers-roasted-stems and seeds removed-peeled
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Place the pork, mushrooms, and marinade in a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare a hot grill.
Grill the mushrooms, stem side up until you just begin to get grill marks. Flip over and repeat. Remove from the grill, let cool slightly and then slice into strips.
Lay the pork on a cutting board and open it up. Fill the tenderloin with the mushrooms, peppers and Hatch Peppers from end to end. Close the pork and secure it with butchers’ twine. Brush the pork with the olive oil and season it with salt and pepper. Sear it on the grill, on all sides.
In a roasting pan with a rack, pour in the chicken broth and place the pork on the rack. Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Roast for 40 minutes or until you reach an internal temperature of 160ºF.
Remove the pork from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
For a more intense flavor, marinate the pork in the refrigerator overnight.