This super simple recipe is quick enough for a weeknight dinner, while also being visually impressive enough for a dinner party.
- 1 Columbia River Steelhead Fillet (1-1.5 lb)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Cara Cara orange
- 1 Blood orange
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and black pepper (enough for a generous sprinkle over the fillet)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and center the steelhead fillet on top.
- Slice off one end of each citrus and discard the end. Then, thinly slice (no more than 1/4” thick) 3-5 slices of each citrus and surround fillet with the slices. (TIP: Slice and store any remaining citrus for infused water.). Slide some pieces under the edge of the fillet, place some pieces overlapping the edge, and mix the citrus so that the colors ‘decorate’ the fillet. Then, tuck the herb sprigs in with the citrus slices.
- Generously sprinkle the sea salt and black pepper, and then give a quick back-and-forth drizzle of olive oil across the length of the fillet.(Approximately 1/4 cup of olive oil.)
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, or until the white protein starts to come through the fillet.
- Serve each piece with a slice of citrus on top.