Serving Size: 8
- 1 9X13″ pan cornbread, cooked and left out for a day
- 1 1/2 lb Zupan’s Farm to Market Apple Cider Sausage
- 1/2 can Zupan’s Farm to Market Cider
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups wild mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup Madeira wine
- 10-15 leaves fresh sage, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
Remove casing from sausage and crumble in a frying pan. Sauté until cooked through. Set sausage aside in bowl.
Add onion and celery to the pan and cook in sausage drippings. If needed, add a bit of olive oil. Cook until slightly caramelized.
Return sausage to pan with vegetables. Add sage, cider, and Madeira to deglaze.
Add chopped mushrooms and simmer for 3 minutes.
Add crumbled cornbread and chicken stock. Toss to combine.
Add salt & pepper to taste.