This easy weeknight dinner is ready in just 30 minutes and is packed with fresh, vibrant flavors thanks to Zupan’s fresh veggie stir fry mix and Watcharee’s Thai Yellow Curry Sauce. We amped up the sauce with a bit of lemongrass paste and fish sauce for extra punch. If you’re in a pinch, the sauce is delicious all on its own. You can use any kind of chicken, but we recommend chicken thighs for their richer flavor and tender texture. This recipe will also work well with your favorite kind of fish or shrimp!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil or unsalted butter, divided
- 2 packages Zupan’s Stir Fry Mix
- 2 jars Watcharee’s Thai Yellow Curry Sauce
- 1, 15-ounce can coconut creamOptional:
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce and 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste
- Rice, for serving
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
- Fresh lime, for serving
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, wide saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add the chicken, cover the pot, and cook until browned on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and add the Stir Fry Mix. Drizzle with olive oil or add another tablespoon of butter. Cover and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are sizzling, fragrant, and somewhat translucent.
- Add the Thai Yellow Curry Sauce and stir. Stir in the coconut cream.
- Heat the sauce over medium heat (do not boil) and add the lemongrass paste and fish sauce, if using. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer on very low heat for at least 10 minutes to enhance the flavors.
- Serve with rice, garnished with basil and lime juice if you like. Enjoy!