Your next brunch just got a little brighter. Delicious herbs come together over perfectly-cooked eggs with burrata, arugula, olives, pesto, and crushed red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for finishing
4 large eggs
½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 pieces or 6-oz. fresh burrata cheese, torn
½ cup or handful of arugula, spinach, or baby kale – or mix, torn
½ cup pitted kalamata olives, crushed
2-3 tablespoons pesto
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, for finishing
If desired, slices of Ken’s Artisan Boule bread, toasted (or bread of choice)
- Over medium heat, oil a cast iron skillet using your extra virgin olive oil.
- Crack all four eggs gently into the pan separating each as much as possible without breaking the yoke. Top eggs with half the flaky salt and pepper.
- Fry eggs until desired doneness. Remove immediately from heat.
- Time to assemble! Top with greens, fresh burrata cheese, and olives.
- Lastly, drizzle the pesto over the top. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil, the remainder of your flaky salt and a generous sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes.
- If desired, serve eggs over toasted bread.