- 1 stick softened, unsalted butter
- ¾ C brown sugar
- ¼ C molasses
- 2 t. ginger, freshly grated
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- ½ t. cinnamon
- 1¼ t. baking soda
- 1½ C flour
- ¼ C crystallized ginger, diced
- 2 T granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325˚. In a bowl, use a hand mixer to beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy (2 minutes). Add molasses, ginger, and vanilla, and beat until combined. Add egg and beat until incorporated.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, and baking soda, and gradually add to butter and sugar mixture, lightly beating until homogeneous. Fold in crystallized ginger and form dough into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Once the dough has chilled, form 1″ balls and roll them in granulated sugar. Set on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing them about 2” apart. Bake for 12 minutes and allow to cool.