- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil, plus extra leaves for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound Halloumi cheese, sliced into 1/4″ slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and very fragrant. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat
- Brush Halloumi with olive oil on each side. Place on hot grill pan and cook for 2 minutes per side, or until nice grill marks have formed. Remove from heat.
- Arrange Halloumi on plate and top with cooked cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with cooking oil from the baking sheet. Top salad with fresh basil leaves.