- 2 tbsp avocado oil, plus more for finishing
- 4 Zupan’s Hatch Chile chicken sausages
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 16oz jar Los Roast New Mexico green chiles (mild)
- 3 large ears yellow sweet corn, kernels removed
- 12oz small yellow potatoes, cut into 3/4in chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- Chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add the sausages and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides and almost cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer the sausages to a plate. Add the onions, garlic and a splash of water to the pot and cook, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom, until the onions are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the chicken broth and green chile and bring to a simmer. Stir in the corn kernels and potatoes and return to a gentle simmer. After it’s been cooking for about 20 minutes, slice the sausages and add them to the pot. Continue cooking at a gentle simmer until the potatoes are tender but hold their shape and the flavors meld, about 5 minutes more. Stir in the cream or half-and-half and season with salt to taste.
Ladle the stew into warm shallow bowls, and garnish with radish slices, cilantro and a drizzle of avocado oil. Serve hot with tortilla chips on the side.