Take pork chops to a new level with our Snake River Farms Kurobuta pork 2-bone tomahawk chop. You can use the noted smoker or grill recipe, or take a traditional stovetop cooking method. Delicious served with your favorite salad and hasselback potatoes.
- 2 Snake River Farms tomahawk pork chop (at least 1” thick, up to 2)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 lemons, zested
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 heaping tablespoons of herbal seasoning (like oregano, rosemary, etc)
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Additional lemon wedges, for serving
- Add your tomahawk pork to a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, lemon zest, garlic, herbs, parsley, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Pour the marinade over the pork and seal the bag, releasing excess air. Carefully toss the marinade with the pork. Refrigerate for as few as 2 hours, up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat your smoker to 225°F. If you do not have a smoker, you can complete this in the oven or overall, skip the smoker and oven method and use a traditional stovetop grill pan and cook until desired temperature is reached.
- Remove the meat from the marinade. Pat dry and remove any garlic or parsley left behind.
- Place the tomahawks into the smoker/oven and cook slowly and low until the internal temperature reaches 125°F on an instant-read thermometer. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Once the pork has come to temperature, remove it from the heat onto a plate.
- Heat your grill to high direct heat.
- Sear the pork for 2 minutes over direct heat. After 2 minutes, rotate the meat 45 degrees for nice grill marks. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Flip the meat and sear for 2 minutes, then rotate again and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the tomahawks once their internal temperature reaches 140°F.
- Allow the meat to rest 10 minutes before slicing. Serve whole or cut in half width-wise to allow 4 servings (if you choose). Enjoy!