Hibiscus-infused vermouth & cava, garnished with artisan maraschino cherries.
- 2oz hibiscus tea infused vermouth (see below)
- 3 oz cava (or other dry sparkling wine)
- splash of soda water
- 1 heaping bar spoon of Orasella cherry syrup (from a jar of Orasella maraschino cherries)
- Hibiscus tea sugar rim (see below)
- Orasella maraschino cherries
Hibiscus tea infused vermouth
- 750ml bianco or white vermouth
- 3 hibiscus tea bags
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dry hibiscus tea leaves
To make hibiscus tea infused vermouth: In a small pot, bring vermouth to a gentle simmer. Immediately turn off heat. Add tea bags and steep for 15 minutes. Discard tea bags and allow vermouth to cool to room temperature before use.
To make hibiscus sugar: In a spice grinder or using a mortar & pestle, grind sugar and dry tea leaves to a coarse powder.
To assemble cocktail:
- Dip the rim of a wine glass in water and roll the glass in the hibiscus sugar.
- Fill the wine glass with ice. Pour vermouth, cava and a splash of soda water over the ice in the wine glass. Stir.
- Top with cherry syrup and two Orasella maraschino cherries.