Serving Size: 4-6
The ultimate comfort food featuring ground lamb and spices.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 pounds American ground lamb
- 2 medium spiced cans chili beans, drained
- 1 mild spiced can chili beans, drained
- 2 stewed tomato cans
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- sour cream, for garnish
- cheddar cheese, for garnish
- jalapenos, for garnish
- cornbread, for garnish
Preheat a large pot to medium heat and the olive oil. Next, add the garlic with onions and green peppers. Sauté the vegetables for about five minutes.
Once vegetables have softened, add ground the lamb. Cook the lamb until it’s no longer pink. Add all spices, tomatoes and beans, bring to simmer.
Once bubbling turn heat back to low, and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!