These veal & lamb meatballs featuring fresh herbs make for a flavorful dish or appetizer. Tapioca flour is used in substitution for breadcrumbs to make them gluten-free.
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground veal
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 T fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 t fresh marjoram, finely chopped
- 2 t salt
- 1 t freshly ground pepper
- 2 T tapioca flour
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Add onions and cook until they are soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix together the ground veal & lamb in a large bowl and make a well in the center with your hands.
- Add the eggs and mix with hands until completely incorporated.
- Add in the onions and garlic, parsley, thyme, marjoram, salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Add the tapioca flour and mix well again.
- Form mixture into 2-3 oz balls and place on an oiled sheet pan.
- Bake at 350° degrees for about 15-20 minutes.