This quick and easy recipe features our housemade sausage and hearty garden marinara sauce. Wonderful for a quick, easy, and filling dinner. This recipe is incredibly simple but don’t let that fool you, it packs a tremendous punch in flavor and is a recipe that anyone will love.
½ tablespoon chili flake,
¼ cup Zupan’s Organic Olive Oil
4 each Zupan’s Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil sausages or other favorite sausage variety
1 ½ cup cremini mushroom
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 shallots, finely minced
1 tablespoon garlic
2 bunch rapini, trimmed and blanched, rough chopped
2 jars (24oz) Zupan’s Garden Marinara
1 pound dried or fresh Orecchiette pasta (pre-cooked)
Zupan’s Organic Olive Oil as desired
¼ cup Italian parsley, picked into small leaves
3 tablespoons oregano leaves, fresh
½ cup pecorino, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large rondo or cast iron over medium heat add the chili flake and toast for several seconds, add olive oil and increase heat to medium-high. Add sausages and brown, then turn over and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the sausages from the pan, add the mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper, saute for 4-5 minutes. Add shallots, garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add rapini and stir. Then follow with the cooked pasta and ½ the marinara, toss very well. Add remaining marinara and barely toss then place the sausages back onto the pasta dish and cover with the lid.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and finish with olive oil, parsley, oregano, and pecorino. Serve family-style or plate up for individual portions.