Serving Size: 4
Show off summer’s gorgeous, organic heirloom tomatoes. Their colors and free-form shapes are the star of the show in this salad.
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1/4 cup Zupan’s Markets organic olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon leaves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 pounds organic heirloom tomatoes, mixed sizes and colors
- 1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
- One container Zupan’s Markets crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 3/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, minced
- Salt and pepper
Combine all vinaigrette ingredients except salt and pepper in a Mason jar or large measuring cup. Shake Mason jar or whisk ingredients in measuring cup to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Vinaigrette can be made up to two days in advance. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Slice tomatoes in 1/4 inch slices and arrange on a serving platter mixing shapes and colors in to a pretty arrangement. Distribute sliced shallots evenly amongst tomatoes. Pour vinaigrette over tomatoes. Sprinkle goat cheese, fresh blackberries, and tarragon leaves on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.