1 Oregon Albacore Tuna Loin, approximately 1-1.5 lb
3 oz sliced prosciutto
¼ C Soy Sauce
4 T sesame oil
1 T crushed garlic
1 T grated ginger
1 t sesame seeds
One of the most popular tuna varieties, this recipe features just a few simple ingredients and is a favorite during fresh Oregon Albacore season.
- Pat your loin dry.
- Wrap tuna loin all around with prosciutto, overlapping so that it will stay wrapped.
- Heat a skillet or barbecue on medium. Add oil to skillet or barbecue.
- Once warm, place loin on grill and let it sear for 2 minutes per side (3 if you want it less rare) until the prosciutto is crispy. We recommend keeping the center pink to preserve the moist texture and delicate flavors of the fish.
- Turn and repeat on all sides, until it is uniformly cooked.
- Remove from heat and thinly slice crosswise and serve with dipping sauce.
- Prepare all ingredients and mix together in a bowl.