Serving Size: 6-8
Looking for an easy, yet beautiful salad recipe? This Celebration Salad made with fresh produce, a bright, homemade vinaigrette, soft goat cheese, and 29 Kettle Confectionery bourbon pecans.
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp shallot, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh herb of choice (tarragon, dill, basil or oregano)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 romaine hearts, washed, dried, and torn into bite-sized pieces or washed salad mix
- 1 small head radicchio, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half if desired
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced 1/4″ thick
- 3 radishes, trimmed, halved, and sliced thin
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 8oz container 29 Kettle Confectionery Glazed Bourbon Pecans
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake until combined. Dressing can be refrigerated for up to 7 days. If refrigerating, bring to room temperature, then shake vigorously to recombine before serving.
- In a large bowl (large enough to hold the salad), add 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette. Add the cucumber and tomatoes and marinate for 20 minutes. Add the romaine, radicchio, and radishes, toss to coat. Add more vinaigrette if necessary. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add the eggs, goat cheese, and pecans on top and serve immediately.
Make ahead: Salad components can be prepped ahead of time and stored separately before assembling.
Make it a meal: Add slices of grilled chicken or steak to the salad and serve with Ken’s Artisan Country Bread on the side.