- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T yellow onion, chopped
- 2 T almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 t. garlic, minced
- 2 T fine dry breadcrumbs
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
Toasted almonds and breadcrumbs add crunch to a warm and steamy green bean dish.
- Place green beans in a large pot, add enough water to cover, put the lid on and bring to a boil. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until green beans are fork-tender. Drain the beans, transfer to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté onion until soft. Add almonds, garlic, breadcrumbs, and lemon juice. Cook until breadcrumbs are browned, being careful not to burn crumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top green beans with almond breadcrumbs.