A delicious sweet & spicy side dish to add to your holiday feast!
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/4 C Zupan’s pure maple syrup
- 1 T Mina Harissa paste
- 2 t cumin seeds
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2.5 pounds heirloom rainbow carrots, scrubbed, tops trimmed and halved (unless very small)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- Fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 350°.
Whisk garlic, oil, maple syrup, harissa, and cumin seeds in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss carrots and lemon with garlic mixture in a large roasting pan to coat; season with salt and pepper.
Roast, tossing occasionally until carrots are tender and lemons are caramelized (35-40 minutes).
These can be made ahead, refrigerated and served at room temperature.
Finish with toppings of your choice and a drizzle of maple syrup.