- 2 large ripe Hass avocados
- 1 T butter
- ½ medium white onion, finely chopped
- 4 oz. almonds, chopped
- 4 oz. smoked or plain Gruyère cheese
- 4 T Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 T sherry
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. fresh ground black pepper
Creamy avocados, Gruyère, and fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano make this a delicious & satisfying side dish for any weeknight meal.
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Sauté onion in butter for 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Cut avocados in half, remove pit, and scoop out flesh, being careful not to damage the skin. Dice avocado flesh.
- In medium bowl, combine onion, avocado, gruyère and parmesan cheeses, parsley, sherry, salt, and pepper. Mix gently.
- Pile mixture into the avocado skins and place in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 12 minutes and serve immediately.