- 18-20 white button mushrooms, stems removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- 8 ounces sausage, diced (optional)
- Parsley and lemon, for garnish
These stuffed mushrooms are a classic and a must for your game day party. They can be made with sausage or without. We used Portuguese Linguica, but your favorite Italian, Polish, or German sausage will work just as well. Don’t forget to sneak a few for yourself in the kitchen while you cook–this savory hors d’oeuvre is always the first to go!
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- Arrange mushrooms in a baking pan and brush with olive oil.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions, celery, and the mushroom stems, about four minutes. Add garlic, season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Pour in the chicken stock and sherry; stir in crushed crackers.
- Stuff mushrooms with the vegetable and cracker filling (and sausage, if using) and bake for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with parsley and a squeeze of lemon before serving.