- 1/2 roasted & diced Poblano
- 3/4 lb Chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- White pepper and sea salt to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons Sherry Vinegar
- 3/4 lb cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan Reggiano
Preheat oven to 425° and coat all sides of Poblano Pepper in oil. Place in oven for 6-8 minutes on each side carefully turning the pepper with tongs until the skin is charred and blistered. The skin should easily slide off. Remove the stem and seeds and dice to be used later in the recipe.
Over medium-high heat, in a heavy-bottomed pan with a bit of oil, cook the chorizo, yellow onions, and garlic together until chorizo is cooked through. Add the green onions and red bell pepper and cook a few minutes more. Add in salt, pepper, and previously roasted poblano pepper and sherry vinegar.
In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and mayo. Add in the meat, onion, and pepper mixture. Add the artichoke hearts, cayenne, Tabasco, and salt and pepper. Add more Tabasco if desired. Add the Parmesan cheese and mix well.
Place in a baking pan or chafing dish and cover with more Parmesan cheese. Bake covered at 350° for 20 minutes. Stir and bake for 10-15 more minutes until hot and cheese is melted.
Best served warm with chips.