For the lamb and onions:
- 6 Shepherds Pride or Cedar Springs lamb loin chops
- 15 cipollini onions, peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Kosher salt and black pepper
For the tarragon honey mustard sauce:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Cook Time: 25 minutes
1. Place the olive oil and butter for the lamb chops in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Liberally season the lamb chops with salt and pepper.
3. Once skillet is hot, add the onions and let brown on one side, about 3-5 minutes. Flip onions over, cover the skillet and let brown on the other side for another 3-5 minutes.
4. Remove lid from the skillet, place the lamb chops among the onions and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side for a minimum internal temperature of 145˚F (medium rare).
5. Make the sauce by combining all the ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor. With the processor running, drizzle the olive oil in and process until well blended.
6. Serve the lamb chops and onions with the sauce.
Recipe and image provided by Running to the Kitchen for American Lamb Board and Mountain States.