Our commitment to your health & safety. Updates from our CEO & President Mike Zupan regarding actions we are taking to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
UPDATED June 24, 2020
As our community continues to cope with the impact of coronavirus COVID-19, we want to reassure you that we are here to serve you. Our world is continually changing, but we at Zupan’s Markets continue to remain the same – committed to providing you with great food and exceptional customer service.
As the situation around coronavirus COVID-19 continues to evolve, we want to keep you updated regarding the ongoing actions we are taking to create a healthy & safe shopping environment.
We have detailed the protocols that immediately go into effect in the case of a presumed positive or positive test result for COVID-19 here.
- All Zupan’s Markets are open daily from 8 am to 8 pm. This allows us to better care for our associates, replenish our shelves, and conduct an even deeper cleaning of our stores each day.
- For senior & immune-compromised customers, we encourage you to use our Personal Shopping service.
- All Zupan’s associates, vendors and customers are required to wear a face covering while in our store.
- We have installed plexiglass shields at all registers.
- We have closed our salad, soup & poke bars and have increased the number of grab & go offerings, including salads, poke, sandwiches, and ready-to-heat meals.
- We have suspended self-sampling, as well as the use of personal cups at our cafes. Of course, if you would like to try anything from our departments, please ask and we would be happy to provide you a sample.
- We have suspended all events in our stores.
- We have added curbside pickup to our parking lots and are working on expanding the availability of online ordering.
ENSURING A SAFE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
- We have implemented electrostatic cleaning technology, with an EPA-approved coronavirus fighting disinfectant on a daily basis. We are also cleaning and sanitizing high-traffic areas repeatedly throughout the day, concentrating on high-touch areas such as shopping carts, restrooms, and register areas.
- We have a dedicated associate sanitizing carts and have clearly marked locations for sanitized and used carts.
- We are providing continuous reminders to our associates about the importance of proper handwashing as outlined by the CDC.
SOCIAL DISTANCING PRACTICES
- We have signage and floor graphics throughout the store to serve as guides while shopping and waiting to create the recommended six feet of space between customers.
- When necessary we are limiting the number of customers in our stores.
- We have implemented One Way aisles to improve store flow in some locations.
- In our Burnside store, we have changed our traffic flow with a dedicated Entrance and Exit.
- We have adjusted our store schedules to allow for more social distancing by our associates, including additional shifts during off-hours.
HOW OUR CUSTOMERS CAN HELP
- Share with our associates an encouraging word, recognizing them for the community service they are providing during this time.
- Please limit to 1-2 shoppers per trip and limit your time in the store to 30 minutes or less. We ask if possible that kids not visit the store at this time.
- If you are shopping with a reusable bag, we ask you to please bag your own groceries.
- Please do not visit the store if you have any symptoms of illness.
Rest assured we are committed to serving you throughout these times of uncertainty. Our supply chain remains strong and we are receiving additional products on a daily basis. While shopping, we encourage you to keep your neighbors in mind and only take what you immediately need for the coming week or two. We recognize supply and demand for food will continue to be unbalanced. We are committed to providing value for our goods and services.
I also want to take a moment to share with you how proud I am of our team of associates who have been working tirelessly to do their best for you. Each day they show up ready to serve, working around the clock to stock our shelves, clean our stores, and provide support or a listening ear for each customer who walks through the doors.
We recognize these are unprecedented times and remain committed to doing our best for you, keeping you informed as things change. We appreciate your support and are grateful to serve you.
CEO & President