The balance of botanicals with the sweetness from the citrus passion syrup is absolutely wonderful in this delicious sparkling cocktail. This recipe highlights Marques de Cáceres Brut, with notes of citrus fruits and brioche.
- 1 oz Freeland Spirits Dry Gin (or local gin of your choice)
- 1/2 oz Domaine de la Rectorie 2017
- 1/4 oz Portland Syrup Citrus Passion
- 2 dashes grapefruit bitters
- 2 1/2 oz Marques de Cáceres Brut
- Optional: pomegranate sugar (for rim) + fresh elderberries & grapefruit slices (garnish)
Start by rimming your glass with the pomegranate sugar. Mix the first 4 ingredients over ice. Shake and then strain into a champagne glass. Finish by topping with champagne and garnishes. Enjoy!
Note: You can easily reduce the alcohol content on this recipe by adjusting the gin to only 1/2 an ounce. It’s also easily batchable- just hold the bitters and sparkling until right before serving.